Note : Logistics Glossary is available here.
1. How fast will my order be shipped? What is the shipment date?
If you ordered an eVscope 2 or eQuinox 2 or a backpack or a Smart Solar Filter:
It takes us 2 business days to release your order.
2. About your shipping process:
We have redoubled our efforts to ensure that your goods are prepared and sent under the strictest hygienic conditions, by all the recommendations of the local health authorities. Individual pickups at our warehouses are not available (safety first). The package is solid, tracked, insured, and delivered against signature.
3. Where do you ship from? Which carrier will you use?
- If you are based in the USA: your order can be sent from any of our warehouses in CA or PA (this cannot be predicted in advance). We usually use FedEx or UPS. We are sorry, but we don't ship to PO, APO, FPO, MPO, and DPO addresses.
- If you are based in Europe (except the UK): your order will be sent from France (near Paris, there is no stock in our HQ in the South of France). We usually use Chronopost, FedEx, or UPS.
- If you are based in the UK: your order will be sent from the UK, Leicestershire. We usually use Parcel Force or DPD (for the latter, they will contact you with instructions, please don't accept the option to deliver at the door).
- If you are based in Japan: your order will be sent from Japan (near Tokyo). We usually use YAMATO.
4. When exactly can I expect my package to be delivered? What is the delivery date?
You can see the estimated delivery day with the help of the tracking number, it's not coming from Unistellar but is sent by our local logistics partner.
The transit time depends on the carrier as the parcel has to be scanned first. Please mind that it can take at least 1-3 business days to see the tracking number move. Sometimes, it can be invalid, again, you'll have to wait a little bit until the carrier activates it. If it does not move after 5 days, please contact us.
If you need to arrange storage/get more information about the actual delivery, please wait till the tracking number shows the location of the parcel in your country and contact the local partner.
Typical transit times from the day the item left one of our warehouses (including the activation time):
France: 2-3 business days
Other EU countries: 3-5 business days
Non-EU countries: 5-10 business days, note: the UK/CH orders might take more time due to complex customs rules (transit times are beyond our control)
USA: 3-10 business days
Japan: 3-10 business days
For example: if you live in California and the package is sent from our warehouse in CA, it will take 3-5 business days to get it delivered to you (considering the scanning waiting time). If it's sent from PA, the parcel has to cross the whole country, so a 10-business-day transit will be more realistic.
5. If you ordered our backpack
The same process applies to backpack orders. If you ordered your backpack together with your telescope, both will be shipped at the same time, in separate boxes (±1 day).