The eVscope is a connected telescope, therefore you will need to connect it to another device. The corresponding App was designed for smartphones only, to start. We also added tablets, later on, compatible with Apple & Android. As for the API, due to the patented proprietary software, for the time being, we keep the development in-house and are working on improving the existing version.
If you can't download the App to your device, please check its operating system (see below). Also, we recommend you activate your GPS before downloading the App. Here are the links to follow from your smartphone or tablet :
For the required minimum for a smartphone or a tablet:
- Android 7 or iOS 14 operating system* (though, we highly recommend using at least Android 11 or iOS 15)
- 2GB minimum of RAM (Random Access Memory): 108.5Mo for the App installation and 500Mo (1GB is better) available for pictures stored in your phone's gallery
Note: the App is not supported by FireOS, Huawei Harmony OS, and is not available to download to PC or MAC (including M1).
* Please note that the Unistellar App will no longer be fully operational:
- on older iPhones and iPads still running iOS12 and prior (iPhone 3G/GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S/C, iPhone 6S/6Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3), starting from April 17, 2022
- on older iPhones and iPads still running iOS13 and prior (iPhone 3G/GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S/C, iPhone 6S/6Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3), starting from November 2d, 2022
- on older devices running Android 6 and prior, starting from November 2d, 2022
What does this mean?
If you are using a no longer supported device, you might not be able to update your unit to the newer software and after a while, some types of objects in the catalog might no longer be possible to slew to.