NB: Logistics Glossary is available here.
1. How fast will my order be shipped? What is the shipment date?
USA: orders placed starting from May 16 (and throughout) will be shipped between July 19 and 30.
Japan: we expect to ship your order between July 20 and August 10.
Canada: we expect to ship your order between July 19 and 30, we informed you by email on June 22.
Europe: the estimated shipment timeframe is between July 12 and 23.
2. About your shipping process:
We have redoubled our efforts to ensure that your goods are prepared and sent under the strictest hygienic conditions, in accordance with all the recommendations of the local health authorities. Individual pickups at our warehouses are not available (safety first). The package is quite solid, tracked, insured, and is delivered against signature.
3. Where do you ship from? Which carrier will you use?
- If you are based in the USA: your order can be sent from any of our warehouses located in CA, NJ, or IL (this cannot be predicted in advance). We usually use FedEx. We are sorry, we don't ship to APO, FPO, MPO, and DPO addresses.
- If you are based in Canada: your order will be sent from Ontario. We usually use Canada Post.
- If you are based in Europe: your order will be sent from France (near Paris, there is no stock in our HQ in the South of France). We usually use Chronopost or DHL.
- If you are based in Japan: your order will be sent from Japan (near Tokyo). We usually use YTO, our local logistician will contact you.
4. When exactly can I expect my package to be delivered? What is the delivery date?
For the specific arrival day, it's hard to anticipate due to COVID-19. You can see the estimated delivery day with the help of the tracking number, it's not coming from Unistellar but sent by our local logistics partner and the transit time depends on the carrier (the parcel has to be scanned). Please mind that it can take at least 1-3 business days to see the tracking number move. Sometimes, it can be invalid, again, you'll have to wait a little bit until it is activated by the carrier.
If you need to arrange storage/get more information about the actual delivery, please wait till the tracking number moves/enters your country and contact the local partner.
Typical transit times from the day the item left one of our warehouses (including the activation time):
France: 2-3 business days
Other EU countries: 3-5 business days
Non-EU countries: 5-10 business days
Canada: 3-7 business days
USA: 3-10 business days
Japan: 3-10 business days
Delivery times are the responsibility of carriers, please contact them first. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ORDERS MAY TAKE LONGER TO ARRIVE AS CARRIERS WORK TO DELIVER HIGHER SHIPPING VOLUMES DUE TO COVID-19.
For example: if you live in California and the package is sent from our warehouse in CA, it will take 3-5 business days to get it delivered to you (considering the scanning waiting time). If it's sent from NJ, the parcel has to cross the whole country, so a 10 business day transit will be more appropriate.
5. If you ordered the backpack on its own
- Standalone backpack orders in Europe (including France and the United Kingdom) are available. Once your order is placed, it typically takes us 5 to 10 business days to ship your package.
- Standalone backpack orders in the United States are finally back in stock. Once your order is placed, it typically takes us 5 to 10 business days to ship your package.
- Standalone backpacks in Canada are finally in stock as well (a very limited amount though). Once your order is placed, it typically takes us 5 to 10 business days to ship your package.
- Standalone backpack orders in Japan are in stock. Once your order is placed, it typically takes us 5 to 10 business days to ship your package.
Note: If you ordered your backpack together with your telescope, both will be shipped at the same time (+-1-2 days).